Jessie Rayl is a doctorate (Ed.D.) level counseling psychologist, graduating from Argosy University in 2014; licensed by the WV Board of Examiners (WVBEC, 1998, Approved licensed Professional Supervisor (2007); Masters in Counseling in 1995 from West Virginia University. Certifications are in thought field therapy (2001) and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT, 1998).
Services provided include: diagnostic assessments for mental health and substance dependence; individual to children (7 and above), and adults; marriage-couples counseling; crisis intervention; leadership training; consultation; motivational and public speaking.
Dissertation Abstract: Therapeutic Alliance for People With Sensory Disabilities and Nondisabled Therapists: A Phenomenological Approach (opens new browser window)
Abstract (pdf download) Abstract (word download)
- National Board of Forensic Evaluators (for Certification in progress).
- American Mental Health Counselors Association.
- Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce; Berkeley County Chamber Legislative-Transportation Committee.
- West Virginia Animal Advocates, Berkeley, Jefferson, Morgan County).
- American Council of the Blind.
- Pilot Dogs, Inc. Alumni.
- Argosy University Alumni.
- West Virginia University Alumni.
Confidentiality is understood to be a right of all clients and is protected by Federal and State laws including Health Insurance Importability Accountability Act (HIPAA, 1996); American Counselors Association (ACA, 2005) Code of Ethics, National Board of Counselors Certification (NBCC), and West Virginia State codes. Exceptions are those which apply to Codes of Ethics and will be discussed with clients by Informed Consent.
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Substance Abuse Assessment
- Individual Counseling Group Counseling (if groups are available; please ask)
- Phone counseling available (Please ask)
*Appointments may be made via phone (304-283-9849)or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments may be made for in-office visit, or telephonic.
Monday: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Wednesday: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Friday: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Monday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
Wednesday: 10:00AM – 8:00 PM.
Friday: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
(Saturdays on request)
- Warm, Friendly, clean, Informal and Professional; Confidential as applied.
- Well-trained, well-groomed dog is present.
- No smoking please.
- Safe, child-friendly.
- English speaking only.
- Public transportation is available;
- Not wheelchair-accessible; however will make appropriate accommodations (please ask);
- Do not know sign language, however willing to make accommodations (please ask), no TTY; (sole practice).
- May be made via cash, money order or PayPal on this site or at: Jrayl114 at Comcast.net
All payments must be made before, or at time of, session.
**Please Note: I do not submit to insurance companies. An HFCA / HIPAA compliant receipt will be provided to insurance participants for self submission.
I DO offer sliding fee scale (except for evaluation only)upon request.
I DO bill to Employee Assistance Programs as follows: Military Onesource; BeaconHealth / Value Options; Inova (workplace options); Magellan; Empathia (life Matters); Personal Assistance Services;
E4Health. *If you have another provider or are uncertain, please ask.
Thank you for choosing Dr. Rayl as your therapist / evaluator.
(Please see Informed Consent).
This therapist has received training and/or Certification in the following therapeutic interventions and utilizes them, primarily, to work with client:
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy: Techniques involving talking and/or writing about feelings and thoughts to help client relate feelings to thought to behavior and to identify unhelpful areas in each aspect so that client can then learn helpful approaches to problem solving and positive thinking which results in appropriate, mature behavior.
- Reality-choice therapy: Recognition that there are choices with consequences, removal of external controls, and an understanding of the five basic needs and how to fulfill them in a mentally healthy way.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy: Confronting irrational thoughts that lead to destructive behavior.
- Thought Field Therapy: Aids in the resolution of fears / phobia, trauma and unwanted repetitive behaviors, e.g. addictions.
- Logo-therapy: Helps the client discover meaning in all experiences to move beyond the past or negative experience to a helpful present.
- Functional Family Therapy: Helps families restructure, learn improved behavior and communication styles with emphasis on maintaining in-home treatment and togetherness.
- Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy: Focused on helping couples identify and express emotions appropriately and together, communicate effectively and reconnect in their relationship / marriage.
This therapist is Christian Existential in professional orientation. All religions, cultures, ethnicities and worldviews are accepted without question, bias or criticism. The general goals of therapy are to help the consumer:
- Achieve highest possible self-fulfillment
- Learn to make healthy and helpful choices
- Establish relationships that are fulfilling and healthy with family, partner / spouse, friends, co-workers, children and others
- Find satisfaction and balance in spirituality and/or religious preference
- Realize and utilize highest potential in educational, financial, social, community, cultural and employment endeavors
- Resolve issues of trauma, childhood abuse, etc. applicable To consumer
- General issues of conflict or confusion in life.
- Marriage and Family.
- Telephonic Counseling (more info).