Welcome to Pathways. My name is James Keefer and I am one of two therapists at Pathways. I have an Ed.D. from Argosy University in Educational Counseling Psychology (2014) and a Masters in Counseling Psychology from Frostburg State University. In my practice I see children adolescents, teenagers and adults for a wide range of problems, including, but not limited to adjustment problems, mood disorders, thought disorders, personality, and behavioral disorders. I have worked with developmental disorders such as autism and Aspergers, serious mental disorders, substance abuse, gambling problems, couples, and court-ordered clients. I have also worked contractually with the Veterans Association doing psychological testing and working on the brain injury unit. I provided individual and group therapy as well while at the hospital. I consider myself a generalist and use a variety of treatment interventions. I work with clients in individual therapy, group, and family therapy. I work with substance abuse clients and problem gamblers. In addition to therapy I also provide psychological assessment and consultation services. .
- Ed.D. from Argosy University in Educational Counseling Psychology (2014)
- Masters in Counseling Psychology from Frostburg State University.
- WV License Professional Counselor since 1994.
- Approved Licensed Professional Supervisor for WV LPC's
- National Certified Gambling Counselor
James H. Keefer (PDF) (Word version) Statement To Clients(PDF) (Word)
- American Counseling Association
- American Educational research Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- National Association of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselors
- National Counsel on Problem Gambling
- National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Association for Psychological Sciences
- EMDR International Association
- American Psychological Association
- Mental health counseling
- Sexual issues
- Substance abuse
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Child, Adolescent and Adult Therapy
- Parenting Classes